Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
WHO WE ARE: The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy has been the leading legal and scientific voice for Minnesota’s environment since 1974. We work in the courts, regulatory agencies and at the legislature to defend clean water and to create a livable climate for our children. MCEA is a rapidly growing nonprofit that seeks to support its employees through a commitment to a living wage, a good benefits package, and regular opportunities for professional growth and development. MCEA is proud to have been featured on the 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For list by the Nonprofit Times. We value diversity, equity, an inclusive culture, and respect in the workplace.
POSITION SUMMARY: MCEA is growing, and this position plays a key role in supporting the CEO as we grow. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in our mission and is comfortable managing up. The Executive Coordinator works directly with the CEO to track and organize individual and organizational priorities, assure preparations for meetings, and execute detailed completion of special projects. As a newly-created position in a growing organization, the Executive Coordinator must be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy designing and driving projects in a way that provides clarity. The Executive Coordinator will be critical to designing their own job duties for an important new role in the organization. MCEA is a nimble organization where employees can have a big impact on the way the organization operates. This person will join a team that is committed to working and laughing hard together.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Deeply committed to our mission and centering equity in our work;
- Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented;
- Self-directed, and willing and excited to take on new challenges, even in the face of some uncertainties;
- A good listener who enjoys talking through new ideas and plans;
- Able to lead a project by setting goals, enlisting the help of coworkers in a way that respects others’ schedules and abilities, and meeting or exceeding goals and deadlines;
- Capable of giving and receiving honest and open feedback; and
- Excited about working at a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly growing organization.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Proactive meeting preparation for CEO, including setting agendas, and researching policy or other issues as needed;
- Attending meetings with the CEO as needed to assist with management of tasks and follow-up;
- Supporting fundraising activities through research and preparation;
- Assisting the CEO with board development and preparation;
- Managing the CEO’s time to reflect organizational and individual priorities, including fielding and prioritizing meeting requests, meeting preparation, and tracking meeting follow-ups;
- Drafting and editing writing projects including emails, letters, and foundation presentations, and preparing visual aids including PowerPoint presentations; and
- Leading and coordinating special projects and research assignments as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary range for this position is $35,000-$45,000 annually with a great benefits package and generous paid time off.
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
MCEA strives to create a mission-focused work environment that is equitable and inclusive. We offer a competitive nonprofit salary, including excellent benefits. MCEA highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, May 7, 2021 for priority consideration. Please also indicate in your e-mail where you located this job posting. You must submit all materials directly to this email address – no applications via third party website (such as Indeed) will be accepted.