Project Coordinator - Part-Time
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
WHO WE ARE: The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy has been the leading legal and scientific voice for Minnesota’s environment since 1974. We work in the courts, regulatory agencies and at the legislature to defend clean water and to create a livable climate for our children. MCEA is a rapidly growing nonprofit that seeks to support its employees through a commitment to a living wage, a good benefits package, and regular opportunities for professional growth and development. MCEA is proud to have been featured on the 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For list by the Nonprofit Times. We value diversity, equity, an inclusive culture, and respect in the workplace.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Coordinator plays a critical in the environmental advocacy work of MCEA and is responsible for all phases of planning and execution of medium and large projects in close coordination with project leads, ensuring project tasks are completed on time, within budget/resources and within scope. The project coordinator supports MCEA’s staff by mastering project management software applications/tools to plan and track project progress and uses and integrates multiple applications skillfully to improve workflow and communication across all projects. This role uses a proactive, consulting approach in both problem-solving and project completion, achieving successful project results through productive working relationships.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- works with minimal supervision (but in collaboration with project leads) to plan, direct, and coordinate project activities across multiple key projects to ensure projects are accomplished on time and within budget/resources
- Follows standard processes and procedures grounded in best practice for project management
- Creates team cohesiveness through clear roles and responsibilities, conducting effective project meetings, including soliciting discussion items, producing agendas, managing meeting minutes, and assigning action items
- Reports status updates to organization leadership using an established schedule and process
- Maintains necessary project documentation
- Supports staff in developing/using project management knowledge and skills through appropriate training and supports
- Resolves project barriers and conflicts with project lead
- Proposes process improvements to ensure continuous improvement in MCEA’s project management system
- Knowledge of project management principles include methodologies for initiating, planning, monitoring, executing and closing projects
- Experience with at least one project management software application such as WorkZone, Trello, Asana, Monday, Wrike, GaantPro or similar to drive effective project completion
- A minimum of two years of experience successfully leading/managing projects and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Project management training and/or certification
The ideal candidate would be:
- Committed to MCEA’s mission
- Excited about working at a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly growing organization
- Patient and flexible while ensuring project management best practices
- Interested in contributing to a work environment that celebrates differences and strives to achieve inclusion, equity and respect for all staff
- Trustworthy, ethical, and honest, with a track record of exercising sound judgment while representing an organization
- Capable of giving and receiving honest and open feedback
- Willing and excited to take on new challenges, learn from mistakes and continuously improve
MCEA strives to create a mission-focused work environment that is equitable and inclusive. The person in this position will work 24 hours each week, with a range of $21.00 to $25.00 per hour based on experience plus excellent benefits. MCEA highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter explaining qualifications and interest, résumé, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 7, 2021 for priority consideration. Please also indicate in your e-mail where you located this job posting. You must submit all materials directly to this email address – no applications via third party website (such as Indeed) will be accepted.