Water Program Summer Intern
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
POSITION: Water Program Summer Intern
LOCATION: 1919 University Ave W, Suite 515, Saint Paul, MN 55104
HOURS: 40 hours/week for 10 weeks
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled, but preference will be given to those applications submitted before April 3, 2023
The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy uses law, science, and research to protect Minnesota’s environment, its natural resources, and the health of its people. We work at the legislature, in the courts, and with public agencies to enact, strengthen, and enforce smart environmental laws. We currently work across different program areas: Water, Climate, Northeastern Minnesota, and Healthy Communities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide support to MCEA’s Water Program staff through research, analysis, writing, and administrative tasks. The selected candidate may also assist with development and communications tasks as needed, including social media, fundraising, and event planning. The primary focus of this internship position will be related to Water Program project work on water quality impacts from agriculture and animal feedlots (CAFO’s).
● Assist program directors and staff with research and writing projects;
● Draft memoranda; and
● Perform administrative tasks, which could include data entry, copying, and scanning.
● Graduate and/or undergraduate coursework towards an environmental studies, water sciences, ecology, biology, political science, or related degree;
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel;
● Excellent research and writing ability;
● Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
● Strong organizational and time management skills; and
● Commitment to participating in a diverse and inclusive workplace with a culture that values differences.
COMPENSATION, HOURS, AND LOCATION:
Compensation is $19.25 per hour for the duration of the 10 week position. The ideal candidate will be available 40 hours per week.
MCEA will discuss with candidates whether hybrid or fully remote work will work best for the candidate and for MCEA. For candidates who live outside of the Twin Cities area, a fully remote position is possible.
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two references to HR@mncenter.org.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by April 3, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
MCEA highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.