MCEA 2022 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INTERN
POSITION: Environmental Policy Intern
LOCATION: 1919 University Ave W, Suite 515, Saint Paul, MN 55104
HOURS: 10-20 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled, but preference will be given to those applications
submitted before January 21st, 2022
The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy uses law, science, and research to protect Minnesota’s environment, it’s natural resources, and the health of its people. We work at the legislature, in the courts, and with public agencies to enact, strengthen, and enforce smart environmental laws. We currently work across three different program areas: water quality, climate and energy, and mining.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide support to MCEA’s legislative team through coalition work, monitoring legislative committee hearings, and legislative engagement. The selected candidate may also assist with lobbying efforts, submitting testimony on bills, and other administrative duties.
● Assist legislative team with monitoring key events during the 2022 Legislative Session
● Take notes, organize, and assist with task delegation at coalition meetings, committee hearings, and internal strategy meetings.
● Assist legislative team with constituent connections, action alerts, legislative engagement events, and meeting with key legislators.
● Undergraduate coursework towards an environmental studies, political science, or related degree;
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite; experience with project management systems like Trello preferred.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Strong organizational and time management skills; and
● Commitment to participating in a diverse and inclusive workplace with a culture that values differences.
COMPENSATION, HOURS, AND LOCATION:
This internship begins on January 31st at the start of Legislative Session, and runs until the end of May.
10-20 hours per week, depending on availability and schedule. $15/hour
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two references to HR@mncenter.org.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by Friday, January 21st, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
MCEA highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.